Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crackling Computer Sounds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GiveMeTaffy

GiveMeTaffy

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

Hello,

Frequently when I wake my computer up from sleep mode, especially if I have been using iTunes or playing music before putting the computer to sleep, the computer will wake up and make crackling noises over the normal sounds it would play. It will still play normal sounds, but the sound is highly distorted by a static, crackling sound. This sound continues to be distorted until I restart my computer, which always fixes the problem temporarily.

I have tried different speakers and headphones, and it is the same problem regardless of these peripherals so I am convinced it is not the speakers. I am wondering if my sound card, itself, might be bad.

I am using Windows 7 on a desktop which I assembled myself. There is a sound card which, I believe, has updated drivers. Sound usually works fine except for these times when the computer wakes from sleep making crackling noises over the normal sounds it would make.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwrealing

jwrealing

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Is this an on board sound, or a sound Card i.e. from creative, or Asus Which model, if its on board sound which one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users