Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accessing the internet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 south coast nelly

south coast nelly

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

Hello, hope this is the correct section....sorry if not

My laptop a couple of weeks ago went crazy, i preformed virus scans, multiple came up, supposed removed by the programmes, however,still tried getting on internet would be sparadic, some sites fine, others took 10-15mins to load, others nothing at all, i have since managed to get ahold of windows seven, inserted disk this morning and went through all the moitions, its installed, up and running on the laptop, however, still cannot get online, iam wondering if maybe something has changed on the settings? I can access google no problem, put in something like yahoo, it just has the motion cirlce top left of page and nothing

Thanks in advance..

Edited by hamluis, 11 July 2011 - 05:21 PM.
Moved from External Hardware to Win 7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 south coast nelly

south coast nelly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

Ok update, ive been playing around, troubleshooting etc, it promted me to connect a earthnet cable, did this, works fine, guessing im in trouble with the wifi receiver? is there anything i can do? thanks

#3 AstroIROC

AstroIROC

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

Check the device manager to make sure the drivers are installed for the WiFi card. Also some laptops have an on/off switch for the WiFi. Does it have a light to tell you if its on/off
I am hungry for knowledge

#4 south coast nelly

south coast nelly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for responding, how would i know what i :whistle: am looking for?

#5 darklight1

darklight1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:53 AM

For the Drivers, Click your Start Menu, type in Device Manager, open it. Inside there, look for any unknown devices, and then look until Network Adapters, see if the WiFi is install properly. For your switch, it is either a physical switch on the side of your laptop, or a keyboard Fn Key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users