Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Move the "Bookmarks" button on Bookmarks toolbar Firefox 5 from the right to the left side.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:15 AM

Source: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/740008#answer-1043 (user cor-el's entry)

The main reason to move the Bookmarks dropdown button (IMHO) is because dropdowns, which were designed to be navigated from left to right, end up being awkward to use when made to open on the extreme right side of the screen and navigating to the left. Add the simple code to userChrome.css below the @namespace line--restart Firefox and voila! Bookmarks button is now located on the left side of the Bookmarks toolbar---where nature intended it to be, LOL.

Posted Image

Edited by Union_Thug, 08 July 2011 - 06:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JosiahK

JosiahK

• Members
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

Perhaps it's partly because of your firefox skin in the screenshot, but I can't work out what you're referring to here. You can move any button on any bar simply by right clicking in a spot of free space and clicking customize, before dragging it where you need it.
Quod non mortiferum, fortiorem me facit.
I don't read minds. Please help everyone by answering any questions and reporting on the results of any instructions. Query any concerns and explain problems or complications.

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:48 AM

@Josiah: You are correct, the Bookmarks "dropdown" menu can now be moved using "customize-drag n drop", whereas when I first tried it after updating to FF 4, the button would "snap back" to it's position on the extreme right side. Apparently Mozilla fixed this and the addition to userChrome.css I mentioned is no longer necessary.

Thanks,
"Thug"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users