Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iTunes Library

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WheateG

WheateG

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:26 AM

Hi,

I backed up my HDD using Acronis on a different PC, I then commenced a clean install of windows 7.
I have restored my documents and music back, and yet there is none of my music there, is there anyway of getting the music back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beeker

Beeker

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

I don't know if it is the same on the pc or if there is a better, faster way, but the only way I've ever done it is select all, and then drag and drop. It will take some time to load, depending on how much you have there.

If anyone has a more efficient way, the help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

The Magician

• Security Colleague
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:12 AM

Hey guys. :)

I have been using iTunes for goodness knows how long and as far as I am aware there are two methods.

The first is the "drag and drop" from your folder, which can take some time (as Beeker mentioned).

The other way is if you let iTunes look after the music. iTunes has a separate folder in My Documents which you can keep your music in instead, as this allows iTunes to "look after" your music. If you backup this folder, install iTunes and paste this folder into iTunes' default location, sometimes iTunes will pick up the folder and do it for you.

Of course, in your situation (as far as I am aware) you will have to use the drag and drop method, provided that the music you say you restored is the folder that you kept all your music files in.

Hope this helped. :thumbup2:

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal...you become something else entirely. A legend, Mr. Wayne, a legend!

If I have helped you please consider donating to the Neuroscience Research Institute.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users