Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD-RW recognized as CD-ROM

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John H Nolen

John H Nolen

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

My D: drive is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 110D drive. My computer( XP SP3 Media Center) only recognizes it as a CD-ROM. Properties do not show record. I can record with it using Nero or other third party software programs. I have used a USB DVD-RW that is also only recognized as CD-ROM.I can also record on this with third party programs. I have another computer with XP SP3 Home that recognized the USB DVD-RW as record. Why does XP Home recognize the DVD-RW drive but XP Media Center does not? I have all of the updates for both computers.

JN

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:46 AM

Hi JN -

Can you list the make and model (if known) of your computer .

Also have you read any paperwork etc. from the CD / DVD player to see if it is meant to be a Recorder or just a player ?
Next , are you trying to 'over-ride' a built in unit, or is this the only CD / DVD player on your system ?
Note that DVD -"RW" simply means "Re-Write" and nothing to do with Recording. It may have just been the Disc that was in the unit at the time.

Place a CD + or - R in the drive and see if you can record to that CD.

Thank You -
Check the link below for full details on your Pioneer unit
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/archive/DVR-110D/index.html

Edited by noknojon, 08 July 2011 - 05:54 AM.

#3 John H Nolen

John H Nolen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:04 AM

My computer is a Sony RB VGC-RB62G. The D: drive is the one that I use for CD and DVD recording using third party soft ware(Nero).I used to be able to use D: drive for recording without third party soft ware. Do you think an update caused this problem?

JN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users