Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ejejoxumuge.dll

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 elust00

elust00

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

Hi everybody. I'm new and this is my first post. I came across this .dll file in my system config utility under the start up tab. If I uncheck the box it will be rechecked after a restart.

I don't see it in my processes or in any of my services. I'm not sure what it's for or what it does. Has anybody seen this file before? A search on Google returned ZERO results.

Thanks, Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

Msconfig was designed to be a diagnostic utility. It should not be used to make permanent changes to startup processes. Instead you should use a 3rd party app designed for the purpose. One such app is Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel (http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml). There are other, more comprehensive apps - but this one is simple and straightforward.

As for that particular file, I'm not familiar with it. Why not run full system scans with both your AV and with MalwareBytes just to be safe.

Edited by Allan, 07 July 2011 - 01:08 PM.

#3 elust00

elust00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

Hey Allan Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the file against Norton ( which I don't trust 100% ) and it came back clean. I'm running MalwareBytes now but their full scan takes forever. Although I'm pretty sure I've checked it in the past. I don't think it's malicious but all of a sudden I noticed it in my startup programs.
I was just curious if anybody had ever heard of it before. It's located in C:\WINDOWS folder.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

It's certainly not a Windows file. And you know what? Just check the file with MalwareBytes (or just a "quick scan"). Sorry - I really didn't mean to say a full system scan.

#5 elust00

elust00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

The file properties point to a website called Highpoint Technologies. http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/main.htm They appear to make RAID controllers. I have been researching RAID setups for a new computer I want to build --But I've never seen or heard of this website or have I installed anything from them.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

Okay. Just uncheck it in Startup Control Panel and let's see if it stays unchecked.

#7 John Holmes

John Holmes

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

The name ejejoxumuge.dll is very suspicious and, most likely, a random generated name by spy/malware that infested your system.

Edited by John Holmes, 07 July 2011 - 05:13 PM.

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,046 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

Hello,

It's important to know the full file path; location of a file can help identify whether it's malicious or not.

Also, when in question about a file, you can have it scanned at Jotti and VirusTotal

Both these will scan the file with multiple scanners. If either site says the file has been scanned before, have them scan yours anyway.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users