Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Hell

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lycanomics

Lycanomics

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

Been having this for a while, and I think its affecting other functions of my system now, so I've just about had it it with this. Basically put, Windows Update cannot check for updates, neither can I access the update website manually. The same pretty much goes for any other virus/malware scanning/removal program that needs updates of virus definitions (i.e. Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast, etc.). Latest error code is 80246002. Sometimes the updates come through, but often it will fail. I have reason to belive its some type of malware, but thus far all my attempts to locate it have failed. Any help is appreciated!

Attached is the most recent HiJackThis log.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

Post in the "Am I infected? What do I do?" section. This could be a few different reasons, but you should rule out infection first.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#3 JessicaRaexox

JessicaRaexox

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:15 PM

This happened to me too, what I ended up doing was doing an auto disk cleanup thing (I'm not totally sure how I did this, I was trying to start up in safe mode and hit something by accident). So maybe try starting your computer to the page where it has "safe mode", etc on it and running a disk cleanup, after I did this, my computer has been able to update no problem

#4 Lycanomics

Lycanomics
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

Post in the "Am I infected? What do I do?" section. This could be a few different reasons, but you should rule out infection first.

OK, will do. :)

#5 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

Topic closed as OP is being helped here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic408460.html

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users