Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Displays Wrong Keys After Logging Into Windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ebizpros

ebizpros

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:31 PM

I am having a problem where my keyboard displays the wrong keys. For example, the "K" key displays "2" and the "P" key displays "." It is mostly on the right side of my keyboard and mostly numbers interfering.

I have attempted to adjust the regional settings but they are all set properly. Also I tried to update/reinstall the keyboard and its drivers and that did not help either.

Please someone help soon, I am using a different computer to submit this or I wouldnt be able to type this out properly. The computer with the problem is a laptop so I have not attempted to use another keyboard on it but im sure that wont solve this issue.

The keyboard keys are Correct as far as I can tell pre-login when I type my password to login to windows the keys work fine. After logging in is when some of the keyboard keys start acting up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:42 PM

Sounds like your Number Locks is on.(Num LK)
Typically you can turn it off by pressing the Num Lk key, or by using a key sequence - ctrl + Num Lk.
Depends on the make and model of the laptop. Do you see a Num Lk key?

If you still have problems, let us know the make and model of your laptop.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users