Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ghost Shareware for WinXP?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 boiano

boiano

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 29 October 2004 - 02:15 PM

I've been trying to use Norton Ghost 2003 but it keeps telling me it can't defrag the file that it's creating called VIRTPART.dat. Any suggestions?

This is my first attempt at using a Ghost program. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and start rebuilding the hard drive from scratch? I'd rather not, though.

If I have to, is there a way to tell Microsoft that I need to reuse my WinXP product key that's already registered the max times with them?

thanks,
Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 31 October 2004 - 01:03 PM