Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wanna get Windows 7 HP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:40 AM

Hi.

So, I've decided to get a Windows 7 HP. Some questions:

1. 32-bit solution for my 4 GB of RAM - how long it will take?
2. If I'll get Windows 7 32-bit -- will I be able to change it on 64-bit later on, using the same license?
3. BOX, OEM... I just don't understand. Explain? :)

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Tell me any issue I should know, and adapt, if I'm migrating from my Windows XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Obeyance

Obeyance

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

Keep in mind that your Windows folder will have a folder that keeps backups and the like in it. Do a search on google for "Winsxs hard drive full". That is if you plan on having a separate partition for your OS. I did that thinking it would keep things neat... And now im screwed cause my OS drive is full and i cant do anything about it, so it seems. I have 7 ultimate, its decent enough. They did it for your own good... Because EVERYONE has large hard drives now you know...

=(

#3 dirtdog900

dirtdog900

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:38 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by question 1, how long will it take?

If you want to go 64bit eventually then I would start with this now, you will have to upgrade later from 32bit so to save yourself any potential issues further on, just go with 64bit to start with. I believe the license covers you for either 32/64bit if it's the same Win7 edition (ultimate,pro etc). I think an OEM edition will only come with a new PC from a manufacturer.

Saying all that, if you buy a new HP now the chances are it may well come with a 64bit edition of Win7 pre-installed anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users