Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lock up outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mr. mike

mr. mike

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

my outlook 2003 keeps locking up after a brief period of use or it won't close. this has happened on the last 3-4 uses. i normally use chrome as a browser but i went IE to play backgammon and when i tried to close the program it locked up. i used crtl alt delete to close both programs and was able to shut them down that way. my Norton anti virus is up to date. I ran CCleaner thinking that might help but it didn't. when i shut my computer down i get a window asking to close some program that is listed by numbers? Anyone have any ideas ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sonexpc

sonexpc

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:46 PM

Try run MSCONFIG and choose Diagnostic Startup .... and use outlook to see wheather the problem gone or not.... if gone that may be the issue of other software... if not gone...try to do a chkdsk on the HD.

#3 dirtdog900

dirtdog900

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

Are you running Office 2003 service pack 3 plus all the latest updates? You can check by running windows update manually or by opening Word, choosing the help menu, and then clicking on about. You should see 'SP3' mentioned somewhere on that dialog box. However, only windows update will tell you if you have all the post SP3 patches applied.

Edited by dirtdog900, 07 July 2011 - 01:08 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

<<...i get a window asking to close some program that is listed by numbers?>>

Post any error message received, please...exact wording.

Is Outlook the only program evidencing malfunctions of any sort?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users