I need your advice on the possible hardware issues, which could show themselves in the unstable work of 2 different DVD drives with different types of connection, separate cables and different brands of disks. There were external USB-drive and internal IDE-drive. Ide drive is connected to motherboard and power block directly. USB was connected to the computer by 2 cables.
The issues began with often and sudden stopping of disks recording or erasing. Only USB-drive was connected firstly. Its image often desappeared from Windows Explorer window. But the reading of disks was normal. I found two main error messages in the Event Viewer.
1. The driver detected controller error on device/cdrom0
2. The device cdrom0 is not ready for access yet.
I write to you, because of the doubts on the causes of the problem resolved. First, the temperature of air reduced on about 10 degrees at the same time. Second, it is unclear why defective or bad working drive could affect the job of the normal one, when they have no common connection? Except of it, I am far from being technician, have no repair guarantee and do not want to bring hard computer to the repair serice. I include the list of my successie actions, their results, information on Bios utility, DVD-RW drives. The system information is included in a separate file.
The following has been made:
1. I tried to record disks on the different operaTING system on the same PC. No success. The system is installed on another partition of the same hard disk.
2. I uninstalled Kaspersky Crystal software from one of the systems using standard Windows Control panel and then using their own software. During 1 day everything was normal. Then unstability appeared again, but the second error did not repeat any more.
3. I called to the Kaspersky lab. They answered, they were famous conflict between Kaspersky Crystal, Kaspersky internet security and some recording software. I have nothing to do.
4. I have upgraded system Bios and made the following changes.
a) I disabled CPU Virtualization Feature Technology
I replaced ACPI suspend type from S1 to S3 to save energy.
c) I set up Stop Grant as suspend type with the same aim.
d) I set up the following parameters of the PC Health management to make cooling more effective. CPU fan off is 17 degrees. CPU fan start is 20 degrees. CPU fan full speed is 35 degrees. The start PWM value is 50.
e) The power management parameter was changed with max saving.
j) No other changes were made. There are no overlocking.
5. During a day, there was normal work, independently of the Kaspersky presence. Then the unstability repeated.
6. I have made detailed diagnostics with its manufacturer utility and made memory diagnostics with memtest software. No errors were found.
7. I put off the computer corp and installed the IDE drive. No changes.
8. I bought new discs and tested old ones with Vso inspector software to select disks with defects.
9. No results. The same.
10. I tested IDE-drive on another computer. It worked normally.
11. I switched off the USB one from my computer and tested it on the above-mentioned computer. It worked so unable as in my computer.
12. The Ide drive works normally, when the USB is switched off.
The bios data: Bios Phoenix Award Bios Cmos Setup Utility (IP965-A7)
USB DVD-Drive: Samsung Se-084C
IDE Drive sony Nec Optiarc AD-7200A
It seems that Kaspersky software and USB-drive were the causes of the unstable work. But the temperature reduction and the abcence of the common connections of the drives make me to doubt, that I found all the reasons of the recording and erasing issues.