Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading Graphics Card, What Else?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hotdeeanabrown

hotdeeanabrown

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:32 AM

I bought a computer approximately 5 years ago, and haven't touched it since. Recently, I thought about upgrading my graphics card. My current graphics card is a RADEON 9250 card which fits in a PCI slot. The graphics card I was looking at getting (and most graphics cards) fit only in a PCI-e slot. Being a bit of a dunce when it comes to computer hardware, I'm uncertain where to go from here. I assume I need a new motherboard (with a PCI-e slot for the card), and possibly a new power supply. Is it worth trying to build from what I have, or should I just start over?

The reason why I need a graphics card upgrade also includes that my old graphics card has broken, and the connection with my monitor is failing, which stops my computer from being able to boot up, therefore I can't get to the system information on that computer.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:51 AM

What is the model of the computer?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

And if u were to start over or upgrade what's ure budget?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users