Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can'tAccess Microsoft websites xp pro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 beckyyoh

beckyyoh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:47 PM

I Can't Access any Microsoft websites with IE 6, current Firefox or chrome. Server error. Chrome indicated a DNS error. I ran Malwarebytes, Lavasoft and spybot. This computer was bought used with XP installed but no recovery partition or disks. ( legally from state surplus)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

Hi beckyyoh, and welcome to the forums! :thumbsup:

Please elaborate further on your problem so we can better understand you dilemma.

When did this problem first start?
Do you have any internet at all now, or just not to microsoft sites?

Please list your system manufacturer and model as well.

bloopie

#3 beckyyoh

beckyyoh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply. My friend from work bought an IBM ThinkCentre MT M 817121U compact desktop preinstalled with Win XP Pro SP2 and Open office preinstalled but no security software from state surplus. Her husband and kids ued it for a while and then dowloaded malware so they couldn't access the web. This compact desktop Had Cyber Defender on it. She ten bought an IBM 8415KUD
System Serial Number: KCMA8W2
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower
XP Pro SP2 and open Office preinstalled but no security software. Her husband and kids downloaded enough malware on the 2nd computer so that couldn't go online. Computer 2 -tower has Windows Recovery that I can't close.
I ran Spybot, AdAware, and MalwareByte and can now browse the web with both computers but can't access any Microsft sites or update free security suites.
Should I break this into two topics?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

Hello, just letting you know I moved this topic to Here in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logss forum where it will stay.

Please remember to click the Watch Topic button at the top right and select Immediate Notification so you do not miss any replies now that you were moved.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users