Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LAN light won't light on modem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EducatedGuess

EducatedGuess

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

Hi. About a month ago I switched from VERIZON to DSL EXTREME, and have since read a lot of horror stories about DSL EXTREME online.

Condition: The LAN light on my modem will not light up. I tried unplugging and replugging it at least a dozen times.

When I called DSL EXTREME support, a recording said VERIZON was working on the lines in SoCal and they had no estimated time for service to return. If this is the case, why do the landlines in both of our neighbors' houses -- they are VERIZON landline customers -- work just fine? I am beginning to sense a shell game.

DSL EXTREME support said the problem was I tried to log into my account with the wrong password, this is what caused the problem. But wouldn't a LAN light stay lit, regardless of a stupid login? Are they wrong about this, or am I?

Is DSL EXTREME as bad as I've heard? If so, what ISP provider can I use in SoCal who is reasonable and reliable? I just need basic email and internet service, so fast downloads or any of that?

Thanks! EducatedGuess.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users