Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sansa Fuze questions/issues

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tobyo

tobyo

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

Well, first off, I just read the top post in this forum and would really love to know if MP3 players can infect computers or vice versa. Because this little MP3 player of my daughter's (Sansa Fuze 4 gb) is rather goofy right now. She had two identical folders of everything (albums, music, video, etc.) and it seemed like she had two copies of every single song in there. we just attempted to delete everything on there to start over. I deleted the duplicate folders leaving one intact and then deleted all the music in there via her computer (which also has issues that cannot be solved evidently as I have several threads here for it even in the malware removal forum. alas, no malware was found. and the general consensus is that the hard disk is corrupted...) but get this: everything is still on the player??? I unhooked it from the USB to see if it would refresh. um, nope! also, when I delete stuff off of my player this way, the stuff gets deleted. I even deleted the duplicate folders but guess what? they returned??!! So, I looked up the instructions online to see if there is a way to delete albums right from the player and I cannot figure it out. It seems the only way is to go one song at a time. Unhappiness-making! so, hoping someone here can help me out. Could the goofy computer be affecting the goofy player? oy, yoy, yoy, I have a headache!

thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

Have you tried resetting it?
Resetting a Sansa Fuze
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

pretty sure we tried that but I guess it's worth it to try that again. thanks.

#4 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

just tried it again. nope :(

anyone else have any ideas?

#5 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

The reset you tried was a soft reset, designed to fix minor problems while preserving the music and personal info on the player.

Your next bet would be a hard reset that will reset the player to factory settings -- all user content will be lost, but the player software should be restored to thew way it was when it left the factory. You can find the directions <HERE>.

#6 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

thanks Capn Easy. that didn't work either :(

#7 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

I'm now wondering if I should re-format it. we already tried to start over so whatever is there can be replaced again.

oh and btw.....after I deleted the duplicate folders, we copied about 8 new albums and even those are there twice? why does it do this? anyone know?

#8 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

The Fuze isn't very complicated. If a hard reset didn't work, that's not a good sign.

How old is it? My only Sansa is a year old Clip, and only needed to be reset once. I've seen failing batteries cause odd symptoms in other players. Built-in rechargeable lithium batteries can start to show their age when they get to be about 3 years old, generally speaking.

You might also consider running this past one of the dedicated Sansa owner/support forums, or the Sansa forum at Anything But Ipod.

#9 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

Thanks Capn Easy. I did find help in another forum. I'll leave the link in case anyone else needs this info:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-acting-strangely/td-p/235170

and this player is just over a year old. the person that helped me said that I could not copy/paste from Windows Media Player. except that is exactly how we got the music on there in the first place. who knew?? but I think that may have caused the duplicate issue. not sure, but it's working fine now. thanks for the information!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users