Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple BSODs, Windows Deactivated itself and Norton cannot complete a scan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coxlin2000

coxlin2000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

Hi all

Basically since yesterday my PC has been having issues. I first got a BSOD which stated it was due to memory management. I reboot the PC and it ran for a bout 5 mins before happening again. This continued to happen and then stopped briefly. I tried to do a windows update in between, however half way through it crashed with CI.dll and then on startup with a couple of .sys files showing up on the BSODs. Eventually it fired back up however, when it did, the Chrome preferences were gone and it stated that Windows was not a genuine copy. To try and solve the .sys problems I used a Pro upgrade disk (as I had a key spare). This seemed to stop the system related BSODs however Windows still continued to tell me the copy of windows was not genuine. I therefore tried to activate my copy of windows however after I input my key, during activation the Memory Management BSOD returned. I tried this several times but no dice. I therefore thought it might be a virus, however as Norton Scans, it crashes at a specific point with the Memory Management BSOD. Again I tried this several times but no luck.
I then tried to reinstall windows but as that fires up, the BSOD occurs. I removed the OS HDD and tried to run the setup again and it seems to work, so it makes me think there is a virus or fault on the HDD.

I am completely perplexed to what is happening and would very much appreciate some help.

Here is the summary of the specs of the machine from Speccy:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom X4 9750 33 C
Agena 65nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Acer Aspire G7200 (CPU 1) 44 C
Graphics
DELL E151FPb (1024x768@60Hz)
VE710s (1280x1024@60Hz)
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 58 C
Hard Drives
625GB NULL (SATA) 42 C
199GB Maxtor Maxtor 6B200M0 ATA Device (SATA) 40 C
Optical Drives
DTSoftBusCd00
CD-ROM Drive
CD-ROM Drive
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I have also included a HiJack this log and the latest crash dumps
Many Thanks
Coxlin

Attached File  hijackthis.log   14.31KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Crash Dumps.zip   466.72KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 coxlin2000

coxlin2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

EDIT: I have now been able to activate Windows, but as soon as I did it BSOD, however it is active :S any ideas?

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users