Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP will not load

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 visionary51

visionary51

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:19 AM

Hi:

My wife bumped the master on/off switch by accident. Since then I am not able to load Windows XP. It won't work in safe mode, or to last workable. I am looking for some way to repair Windows without having to re-partition. The problem could be much greater, but I am not able to discover what it might be.

Thanks for any help you may be able to supply.

Barney

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1972vet

1972vet

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

Do you have the installation media handy? Not for reinstalling...we can use it to repair the installation already on the partition. Your installed operating system will be overwritten with a fresh copy of Windows, but you wouldn't lose any of the other programs/files that you currently have. The only thing you stand to lose is the present condition of the installed operating system. You would/should go from a non-booting Windows XP to a freshly installed copy of Windows XP having all other installed programs still in tact. Game?

Disabled Veteran, U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978
mvpsigpic.jpg
2009 - 2013

Member: U.N.I.T.E.
Performance and Maintenance for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Seven

#3 1972vet

1972vet

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

Still with us visionary51?

mvpsigpic.jpg
2009 - 2013

#4 1972vet

1972vet

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to anyone of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic
in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.

mvpsigpic.jpg
2009 - 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users