- Spybot S&D - installs, but an "permission denied" error message appears when trying to run the program
- Rootkit Revealer - I can get it to run, but it disappears without warning after scanning for a minute or so
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Same as rootkit revealer, starts to scan but then disappears without warning
- Avria anti-virus - installs, but I receive an error message when trying to run
- ComboFix - During the install, an error message comes up warning me that the install package may have been altered and warns about the Virut virus possibly being on my system. I downloaded a standalone Virut virus scanner but came up empty.
As you can see, I'm becoming frustrated since every tool that I've tried seems to be interfered with.
Something interesting that I noticed is that while Rootkit Revealer was running, but before it shut down, I saw some registry entries referring to "swearwear" - which appears to be something along the lines of a rootkit, but I wasn't able to find any concrete information about removing it, so I thought I would come to the experts. Thank you much for any help that you can provide.