Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Card reader and Printer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Horse Box

Horse Box

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

Hi,

I have a Dell Dimension E520, I got a virus on the system but could only get the computer going by install the OS again from the ghost drive. Since this the comuter does not find the printer when installing but I carried out a manual install now the printer works but no printer features work or found by the OS. I have now noticed the card reader does not work (but I can remember this feature never worked for me). Can someone help me as would not know where to start to fix this and I would really like to put some home video's on the system from my new SD digital camera.

Many thanks all

Horse Box
Nie ma satso

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

Whats the make/model of the printer?
If you manually installed it there probaly isnt support for the SD card with those drivers.

I would recommend removing the manual install that you did then disconnect the usb cable.
Go to the manufacturers website and download the drivers appropriate to your OS.
Connect the printer cable when prompted.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:30 PM

I second the drivers idea had to do that with a computer not to long ago and it works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users