Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Device Manager Blank And More

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BusiWerks

BusiWerks

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:51 PM

Hi - Not happy to have to be posting to this, but very glad you are here to help. My computer, running XP (SP1) could not start. Screen booted, then went black. Was able to start in Safe Mode and ran Adaware SE & Spy Sweeper and removed a bunch of items. Still unable to boot properly. Noticed, I could also boot in "Enable VGA" mode but the found 2 things: 1) if I tried to change the display properties the screen went blank and 2) nothing in my device manager. Researched online - found this to be most likely to do with "soap" - did download the "apropofix" and followed directions (in safe mode) still have problem. Added to the problem is even starting in Safe with Network - I now can't (although I could earlier) get online - so posting the logs may be more difficult. I have downloaded from another computer the programs suggested and are currently running them on the "bad" computer. Any help is most welcome.
J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:37 AM

Hello BusiWerks and welcome to BC.

I see you have posted a HiJack This Log for our team to review. It would be best to wait for their input before trying anything else. They are very busy now so please be patient, but when they get to you things will move along quickly. Good luck.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users