Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help my AVG 2011 components are not showing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tinybubble

tinybubble

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

please help my AVG 2011 components are not showing.

my computer is a HP pavilon with vista home premium pavilion a1700n
250 gig hard drive with 111 gigs free
3 gigs of memory

so here is my problem on june 2nd 2011 I shipped my computer via ups had them package it so it would ship ok
when it arrived the box looked great so I figured it would be fine I plugged it in after it sat for 2-3 days first issue i saw was the video would not come up i opened the tower and my video card was lose i reseated it and the vidoe worked.
then checked all my imputs and memory . most all components were loose i reseated all memory and the cords to the hard drive came out as well.

after putting everything back in place and checking it all out there seems to be 3-4 more issues first is avg 2011 that i bought will do nothing i log into the main screen of avg and it says "there are no active components" i tried to goto avg help and reactive my account and nothing happens

next problem i have is my light on the bottem of my tower that shows hard drive useage comes on for a second and then goes off it is never a stable on for program loads.

3rd is i can only run with one window open if i open anything else they all come up not responding and the computer locks up
it will not shut off if i control alt delete and try to close my comeputer it hangs up and wont turn off to restart or turn off so i have to hold the power button.

all and all im having some real issues and all i want to do is throw this thing in the pool im so frusterated

someone please help me
thanks alot
tinybubble

Edited by tinybubble, 04 July 2011 - 02:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

First...make sure that all connections are properly connected.

Second...go Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new window and hit Enter. Reboot the system, the command will execute before booting into Windows at its conclusion. If the chkdsk /r cannot complete, please write down any error message that may appear onscreen as an explanation.

Louis

#3 tinybubble

tinybubble
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

i went to the start menu this is vista so i dont have a run but i typed chkdsk /r and a box opened for a second and then closed i could not enter Y and enter so i rebooted and nothing happened

now what am i supposed to do please remember this is vista
thanks

tinybubble

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 July 2011 - 09:53 PM.
Moving topic from Vista to AV forum. ~ OB

#4 midou1994

midou1994

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hi

Pressing Windows key + R

Opens the run box its just that the Run start menu entry is not included

After opening the Run box

type cmd press enter. then type chkdsk /F and press enter in command prompt after doing so click yes & proceed
Midou

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users