Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google searches being redirected

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 step2

step2

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

Yesterday morning I tried searching using Google and it send me to yellow pages or different advertisers. Please help me.

Edited by hamluis, 04 July 2011 - 10:58 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 USN Vet

USN Vet

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

Scan with your AV, or malware scanner, as you are infected.
Feel free to ignore my comment, just another user !

#3 holmesnmanny

holmesnmanny

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

I have had google redirects and the only thing that worked was combofix. Just dl it and save it to your desktop. Very important to save it there. Then rename it to something else like "fixer" because some programs won't allow it to run if it sees the name combofix. Then run it. It's a really strange program. Just follow the instructions to the tee. It will have to dl Microsoft Windows Recovery if you don't already have it, just say yes and then agree. Then when it runs your desktop icons will disappear at some point while it's running. That's normal, I didn't think it was originally I was glad I didn't reboot. Eventually it will finish and display a log.

When you finish up, when you reboot it will show the Windows Recovery icon. If you want to stop that, you can go to msconfig and click on Boot.ini. It should show a line that says Microsoft Windows Recovery Console. Just go down a couple ilnes and check the line that shows your operating system and click on set as default.

Edited by holmesnmanny, 04 July 2011 - 05:39 PM.

#4 step2

step2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

I ran AVG and anti-malware and still had the issue. I just ran combofix. What do I do now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users