Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 problem with Games minimising to desktop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 redneck_au

redneck_au

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

Hi all,

I am hoping that some one can please assist as I am new to Windows 7 and also to this site!!!

Since having Windows 7, I was playing games that I loaded onto the hard drive (not online) and all was working with no issues
until a few weeks ago. All of a sudden my games are minimising to the desktop mid game.
My antivirus is switched off whilst in gaming mode and nothing seems to be scheduled at that time nor does anything appear in the task manager.
This is extremely frustrating and making gameplay very difficult.

Does anyone have an idea on what it is and whether there is a solution and maybe you have encountered this yourself at some point.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
This did not happen in Windows Vista and seems to be an undocumented feature of Windows 7 that is bugging me no end!!!

If it helps here are the specs of my laptop - its an Asus G73S series gaming machine with Direct x11 that with the following specs

Intel®Core i7-2630QM CPU @2.00Ghz
Installed memory Ram 8.00GB
Windows 7 640bit Operating System
Nvidia Geforce GTX46 1.5GB Cuda

Thanks so much
Roman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users