Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Folder Is Not Accessible

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 meanswing

meanswing

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:18 PM

When i try to click on the SharedDocs from my wireless computer to my wired computer i get the message of \\server\files is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contanct the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. i have Antivirus-Bitdefender installed on the wired computer and Norton Antivirus on the wireless computer. could that be causing the problem. what could it be causing it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Futs

Futs

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:43 AM

The problem lies in the group policy, under Local Policy goto User rights assignment.
Posted Image

Like such, add "Everyone" to the one ontop, and "Guest" to the bottom one. chances are that they are swopped arround atm.
Posted Image

#3 meanswing

meanswing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:48 PM

How do you add Guest to the bottom one. i tried to add it by Clicking on the "Deny access to this computer on the Network" then clicking Add User Or Group then entering Guest in the black but it changes it to OFFICECOMPUTER\Guest . OFFICECOMPUTER is my computer's name that isnt allowing the wireless computer to view its SharedDocs.
Posted ImageScreenShot

Edited by meanswing, 11 January 2006 - 04:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users