Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Firewall blocking site

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zi11a

Zi11a

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

Hi,l can't download anything from file sharing site Fileserve if Windows Firewall is on,if l turn it off the it works fine.

How can I prevent windows firewall from blocking Fileserve.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Didier Stevens

Didier Stevens

• BC Advisor
  • 2,659 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

What version of Windows do you use?

Didier Stevens
http://blog.DidierStevens.com
http://DidierStevensLabs.com

SANS ISC Handler
Microsoft MVP 2011-2016 Consumer Security, Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
MVP_Horizontal_BlueOnly.png

If you send me messages, per Bleeping Computer's Forum policy, I will not engage in a conversation, but try to answer your question in the relevant forum post. If you don't want this, don't send me messages.

Stevens' law: "As an online security discussion grows longer, the probability of a reference to BadUSB approaches 1.0"

#3 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Well you have to have admin access on that computer. You need to go into Control Panel > Security Settings > Windows Firewall.

Then you need to disable it from there.

#4 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Here's a thought; if you are blocked from a site, is it just remotely possible that the site could be malicious? I always find it interesting that folks are so addicted to "free" stuff that they will frequently override their security software and browser settings to obtain the content. Don't be an idiot: I would think you could find the same software, or software that offers equivalent functionality elsewhere.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users