Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Drops Out Only On One Particular PC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 StupidBEEPcomputer

StupidBEEPcomputer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

Hi Everyone,

My computer is on a direct connection with a docsis 3 modem - with service provided by Comcast. I had no problems with the internet for about a month after signing up with Comcast at 6Mbps. Then out of no where the internet began to drop out whenever in use. When the computer is connected to the internet, and I am not actually using "bandwidth" the connection stays connected, all day with no blips. But when I try to access Youtube or some other site they demands bandwidth it drops out. Comcast has sent out 7-8 Techs to troubleshoot the issue to no avail. They have replaced the modem 3 times, the ethernet cable (is that the right word?) has been replaced, and Comcast cut holes into my walls to re-wire the entire building. I just had a guy leave from Comcast, and when he hooked up his laptop to this modem he had absolutely no problem. Then he hooked up a router, and we both used direct connect to get on the internet, and as long as his computer was connected the signal was strong with no blips. We removed his computer and the connection dropped within a few minutes. Comcast says they have verified the integrity of all their equipment, cables, splitters, main line, ect...I even tried backing up my machine and reformatting it and I still have the same issue. I've always been good about not getting virus or spyware. I have no idea why only my PC won't stay connected to the internet. Oh, also the Comcast tech hooked up a meter to the cable line and he says when the internet drops out on my end that the cable signal is still strong with no blips. When the modem goes out all the lights drop out and it has to re-identify, then it comes back up for a few minutes, only to spiral down and disconnect. It's an endless cycle, does anyone have any ideas? Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I live in an apartment, and I have a usb adapter that allows me to get on the internet wirelessly. The apartment I am at has a club house that offers free internet to people here who don't have it. If I plug in my adapter I can get a signal from the club house's wireless, and I can connect to that, and I have no problems at all on the apartments club house internet, only on my direct connect form my Comcast modem...Help!!?

-StupidBEEPcomputer

Edited by hamluis, 05 July 2011 - 10:29 AM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email to Networking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users