Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fujitsu Amilo Li 3910 DEAD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sam1111

sam1111

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

Hi everyone, i hope you are all well. I am having an issue with my laptop.... The laptop is a
Fujitsu Amilo Li 3910, it is around 2 years old

The problem with the laptop is that it has been dead and does not switch on at all , it has been dead for around 1 month.

It does not switch on at all .... i have connected the mains but even this doesn't work.... normally lights come up to show it is charging.... but now nothing comes up.

I have taken out the battery and tried connecting the mains without and with the battery... nothing works.....

I need access to my files..... but how can i transfer them when it wont even switch on :-(

I am not sure what is wrong with it...

I think either the battery is dead or probably the motherboard..... but i am not an expert....

So i hope people can give me advice..... on what to do..... are the files lost forever... and should i just chuck it away????

Many thanks
Sam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jodav

jodav

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

Hi sam1111 :)

2 years is not very old for a motherboard to go faulty, but it is still a possibility. Also the DC power jack inside the laptop where you plug tha AC power adapter could be at fault and need changing (this is a technical job which will include a partial strip down of the laptop). The battery is probably OK just flat.

The first thing you need to try however is another 20v AC power adapter if you can borrow one of someone else, or alternatively try your power lead in another laptop that uses a 20v adapter. Hopefuly you will just have to purchase another 20v power adapter, or a universal one.

To get your data off the drive if the worse comes to the worse, you can remove the drive from the laptop and simply connect it to something like this and another computer.

Good Luck sam1111 :)

#3 sam1111

sam1111
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

Hi there, thanks a lot for your reply,

I wanted to ask is there anyway of finding out if it is actually a problem with the charger??? WITHOUT buying another one??? Are there any specific things i can test to see if it is the charger??

I think that i will try your suggestion about transferring my files... thanks for that...

Also if it is actually the motherboard problem.... how can i test that??? Do i have no alternative but to take it to a local pc repair shop??

I really dont want to chuck it.... but if the repair costs are more than what i paid for it.... or i can buy one better.... it would be best.....

Please reply to my questions regarding specific tests i can do to rule somethings out

Regards
Sam

#4 jodav

jodav

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

Hi sam1111 :)

Unfortunately there is no way of finding out if there is a problem with the charger with a multimeter etc that I know of.
The best way and most definate way is to do as I mentioned, try yours on a friends, or a freinds on yours. One other thing to bear in mind is that either lead can be the problem, what i mean by that is that most charger leads have a 3 pin\2pin plug end connected in to the AC\DC transformer end. So you may just need to replace one end if indeed this is your problem. Obviousley another thing to do is check the fuse has not blown.

There is also no way you can check the motherboard. All you can do if you are capable is to eliminate the charger, internal power jack (by replacing), replacing the CPU. The latter 2 comprise of stripping down the laptop.

Your laptop is basically the LCD and the motherboard, thats what costs the bulk of the money. Its a fine line between if you want to pay say 200 for a motherboard (maybe more), or buy another laptop. If just using laptop for surfing and word processing, then you can get brand new one to suite your needs for around 300 English pounds. It really depends on individual needs\requirements etc.

You really need to get the charger checked out first and decide on the next step after that, this is something that is easy, you can do yourself if you can find a friend who uses a 20v charger, and dare I say may be the most likely cause without getting your hopes up.

Hope that helps in some way sam1111,
Let me know if I can help further (or any BC member),
jodav :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users