Unfortunately that backup is gone, so you'll have to restore everything manually.
You can restore the defaults for the Start Menu, Accessories and Administrative Tools as follows:
- Then click on the Restore button.
To manually recreate "All Programs" entries, follow these steps...
- Download App Paths
- Double click on AppPaths.exe to run the program.
- Keep the program open.
In this example I'll recreate an entry for Avast
- Go Start>All Programs.
- Right click on Avast entry, click "Properties".
NOTE. Make sure, you right click on Avast program, NOT on Avast folder.
Due to the damage caused by the infection, you'll find "Target" box empty.
- Go back to AppPaths window and find Avast entry.
- Right click on Avast line, click "Edit".
- A pop-up window will open:
In case, program's link shows as (empty):
- Highlight everything in "Path" box, right click on it, click "Copy"
- Go back to Avast "Properties" window, right click inside "Target" box, click "Paste".
- IMPORTANT! Add quotation marks at the beginning of the path and at the end
- Click OK and you're done.
- Open Windows Explorer, navigate to Avast folder in Program Files
- Right click on Avast ".exe" file, click "Create shortcut":
- Copy that shortcut, go back to Start menu.
- Right click on avast!Free Antivirus, click "Paste".
- You'll see Avast shortcut recreated replacing (empty) entry.
...you paste that shortcut in:
(XP) - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Avast
(Vista/7) - C:\ProgramData\Start Menu\Programs\Avast