Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flustered :(

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 PinkFaerie

PinkFaerie

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

Im not the most comp savvy person out there so any help is much appreciated... Lately i had my computer crash on me thought I almost lost everything hit f8 and after going through all the last option driver enforcement something allowed me to open up my windows... *prior to that i was being directed to what said could not find windows and offering me some recovery tool on a black screen* so my friend gave me a few sites and i have ran each one on its own ... one finds one thing the other finds another but my norton and my malware and spybot aren't finding any issues with it... i have so much junk on this computer ... whenever i try to uninstall anything it says i have something else in process and won't let me uninstall anything same goes for installing *especially the windows updates that always fails to work* I would like to set it back to factory settings wipe everything out thats how flustered i am... don't wanna back up nothing in case thats been infected by all these things im seeing ... i recently ran eset and got this back as things it found ....

C:\Program Files (x86)\Yontoo Layers\YontooIEClient.dll Win32/Adware.Yontoo.A application cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Program Files (x86)\Search Toolbar\SearchToolbar.dll.vir Win32/Toolbar.Zugo application cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{889DF117-14D1-44EE-9F31-C5FB5D47F68B}\_Setupx.dll.vir a variant of Win32/Adware.Yontoo.B application cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\Ethelmarie Morris\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\29\1ee3a85d-197137bc Java/Agent.Y trojan deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Ethelmarie Morris\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\33\784062e1-1866214b a variant of Java/TrojanDownloader.OpenStream.NBY trojan deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Ethelmarie Morris\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\39\6bf31067-6c0ed3ab Java/Agent.X trojan deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Ethelmarie Morris\Downloads\GameBario_fmds3.exe a variant of Win32/SweetIM.B application cleaned by deleting - quarantined

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

I would like to set it back to factory settings wipe everything out

Sometimes, it's the quickest solution.
Let us know what you want to do.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 PinkFaerie

PinkFaerie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

which ever is easiest and solves the issue altogether ... i tried the applications disc and got some kind of error msg with that as well so not sure how to go about wiping it out completely

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

Well, if you don't have important data on your machine I'd go with reinstallation.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 PinkFaerie

PinkFaerie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

nothing important but pictures and all those pictures i have uploaded to facebook so i wouldn't really be losing them... Guess Re-installation is the best route for me :) would you be able to help me figure out how to do that ...

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

Surely :)
What Windows version is it?
What computer brand and model?
Do you have any disks, which came with your computer?

My Website

p4433470.gif

#7 PinkFaerie

PinkFaerie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

It is a Dell Inspiron with windows 7 -64bit the only disc i have is the operating system reinstallation dvd for windows 7 home premium 64-bit .... will it make it so i have to install my router thing again or will my system still find my router for me to be able to have internet access was my only concern ... i can't seen to find the disc for the the router...

Edited by PinkFaerie, 03 July 2011 - 03:07 PM.

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:15 PM

only disc i have is the operating system reinstallation dvd for windows 7 home premium 64-bit

That's all you need.
Put the CD in and restart computer.
When F2 = Setup, F12 = Boot Menu appears in the upper-right corner of the screen, press <F12> and select your CD drive as booting device.
Then, follow on-screen instructions.

As for your router, you can download necessary software from router's manufacturer site.
You can actually do it now and save it to some USB flash drive.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#9 PinkFaerie

PinkFaerie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

and thats it the viruses and everything else is gone ... or is it still hidden somewhere ...?

#10 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

No, you'll be good to go.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#11 PinkFaerie

PinkFaerie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

Guess it isn't that easy then ... i did as you said hit f12 and ran it off the disc... when all was done and said i was left with an error box that said ... Windows cannon install required files. The file maybe corrupt or missing. Make sure all files for the installation are available and restart the installation Error Code:0x80070017 then when it rebooted itself i started get the script box that had stopped for a bit ... was back and it says :

line:30
char:3
error: library not registered
code:0
url:file:///c:/program%20(x86)/Dell%20support%20center/sscommon/common/inc/ss_shellinclude.js

malwarebytes also gave me an error box saying [Shell_NotifyIcon] Failed to perform desired action error code:1008

Edited by PinkFaerie, 03 July 2011 - 05:02 PM.

#12 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:21 PM

The error 0x80070017 translates to "CRC Error" which may mean one of three things:
- bad CD
- bad CD drive
- hard drive problem

Using very soft, lint free cloth, try to clean installation CD. Make sure, you clean it radially, not in circles.
You may use a bit of clean water.
Check the CD for any scratches.

Then, try reinstallation one more time.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#13 PinkFaerie

PinkFaerie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

it might be the cd drive itself cause i know i can't burn cds like i used to and then i had an error a few days ago or weeks can't recall that said something about spindle error ...

#14 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

Aha...
Your Dell may have recovery partition, which can be used to reinstall Windows.
See here: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&docid=DSN_362066&isLegacy=true

My Website

p4433470.gif

#15 PinkFaerie

PinkFaerie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

No luck... it just keeps restarting itself instead of taking me to the screen they are talking about ... I get the Advanced Boot Option and hit repair your computer it just restarts as if nothing...I also thought after having ran that Eset tool i wouldnt be seeing the same viruses im seeing in advancedsystemcare4 program i was told to get by a friend... but the few glimpses of the words i can see contain words like win32/trojan.agent one had trojan/vundo the other said trojan.adware and few files started mis-leading ... not to sure how i can get a whole list of what its scanning...

Edited by PinkFaerie, 03 July 2011 - 06:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users