Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Horrible BSOD on XP Randomly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mucklucks

mucklucks

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

A wretched BSOD appears randomly every 2-3 weeks. Sometimes in Picaasa 3, sometimes in text editor EmEdit, sometimes in other programs.

I have tried System Restore, but my computer suddenly will not restore to any previous date. I have run Driver Genius & WiseFixer & ParetoLogic PC Health Advisor,etc. Oh dear, none help.

What in heaven's name do I do?

BELOW are DETAILS about my BSOD & My WindowsXP.

After the BSOD appears my computer reboots and then shows these
ERROR MESSAGES:

>The system has recovered from a serious error.
>Please tell Microsoft about this problem

>Error signature:
>BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF954EF3 BCP3 : A7283C00
>BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1<

>C:\DOCUME~1\Bob\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc751.dir00\Mini070211-01.dmp
>C:\DOCUME~1\Bob\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc751.dir00\sysdata.xml<

For any and all help I shall be grovelingly grateful,

mucklucks

MY COMPUTER DETAILS:
--------------------
Microsoft WINDOWS XP
Home Ed
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual
Core Processor 3800+
2.00 GHz, 2.93 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,584 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

1) Are any of those tools you used registry cleaners? If so, they probably caused more problems than you started with.

2) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

3) Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

#3 mucklucks

mucklucks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

I'm afraid I have used 'Registry Cleaners' in the past. I've also used device software like Driver Detective, & Driver Genius, and even others. I've always gently suspected them; but how else to keep one's drivers up to date?

I had downloaded BlueScreenView a few days ago, and I did it again after seeing your reply, but both times it did not work. When I ran it the main screen opened, but there was not a thing in either top or bottom screen. They were totally blank. I've run out of things to try, and now my audio is gone. I got a message on start up that read:

>This version of Intel Audio Studio does not support the board detected. For a list of boards supported by the upgrade >version of Intel Audio Studio, please refer to http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd<

But would you believe it, that Intel link is dead and I can't find any other place in Intel to address my question to.

I have nursed my computer for 5-6 years. Maybe it's time to throw it out the window andd get something a bit more up-to-date. I've been more than two weeks struggling with my computer problems. Is it time to just give up?

Thank you so much for messaging me, It's really helpful to have someone out there.

mucklucks

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,584 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

First, drivers do not need to be "kept up to date". The only time you want to update a driver is if there is a specific need or reason to do so. I can't begin to tell you how many problems are caused by drivers that are updated unnecessarily. And the way you update them is by going to the website of the hw manufacturer and downloading and installing the appropriate driver.

Second, I don't believe I did message you. I keep all responses here on the forum.

Edited by Allan, 04 July 2011 - 02:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users