Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

greetings and salavations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mieisen

mieisen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

Good morning,

I have been infected by the lovely Vista repair virus, after calling AVG (since i have a paid version of the product), and their doing absolutely nothing about it, i did a google search and came here. 6 hours into the step by step instructions it seems to be working (doing the unhide now).

I am grateful for the site and the instructions, and at this point if i ever catch the writers of these fun virus's, i would be more than happy to lead the pitchfork brigade and do the lynching. Pictures will be posted.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:31 AM

Thanks for joining and welcome to BC! If you have any problems after following the instructions, please post about them so our Members can help you.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Gunto

Gunto

Bleepin' Reject Phoenix

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:35 AM

Welcome to BC! Yeah, rouges are getting trickier by the day, and I'm glad BC could help. :)

Beautiful avatar by Plumbeck!

Bury me in honor; when I'm dead and hit the ground, a love back home, it unfolds...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users