Dear Admins and Technicians,
Was hoping get some help/advise on what to do with my situation. This is what happened in order,
1. my laptops functions gets inoperable while i browse on the net. i think this starts to happen when
i use my hotmail account > couldnt close my account + couldnt select the files i wanted + couldnt close my computer...
* the problem happens every now and then...
note: i think that my hotmail account could be hacked and all i did was change my password...didnt help anything?
2. i first tried combofix, but the situation persisted...
3. I use ESET's NOD32 Antivirus, and after an indepth scan i found the following(interface is in turkish so it's also translated below),
> Warning: C:\Documents and Settings\Cem Güney\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\23\28960f57-6c6a4431 dosyası çoklu virüs sızıntısı bulaşmış.(it says the respective file has a multiple virus infection)
> the files are,
a_C:\Documents and Settings\Cem Güney\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\23\28960f57-6c6a4431 »ZIP »bpac/a.class - Java/TrojanDownloader.OpenStream.NAU truva atı türevi ::: it says it's a derivation/type of a trojan horse
b_C:\Documents and Settings\Cem Güney\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\23\28960f57-6c6a4431 »ZIP »bpac/KAVS.class - Java/TrojanDownloader.Agent.NCA truva atı ::: it's a trojan horse
4. i copied the files from the quarantine to ESET's folder: "infected", the files are as follows: NR51JYCA.NQF(4KB) and NR51JYCA.NQI(1KB)
by the way according to the result of the scan it reads,
threats found: 2
active threats: 1, so i assume it's only one of the files that is causing the problem.
* could it be as simple as to erase these files to solve the infection?
the only thing i know as of now is that i used combofix before i did a scan via Nod32 and there still seems to be a problem.
i'm also thinking that the problem could be found in the combofix log so i've attached it.
Well, tried to keep my explanation is simple as possible and hope the info is enough for a diagnosis.
thanks much for your concern and patience, hope to be able to get some help.
all the best & cheers,