Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi mouse unstable in Windows XP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Milo O'Shea

Milo O'Shea

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:16 AM

I’m using a Logitech MX-620 wifi mouse. For the last few weeks it has been behaving erratically in Opera 11, usually being oversensitive eg scrolling too fast or the item which one is attempting to click on moves fleetingly out of range. Strangely, if I open Ie8, use the mouse briefly there, it then behaves normally when I return to Opera. I also have a Logitech trackball cable mouse, which is unaffected by these symptoms. I’ve tried moving the wifi dongle to a different USB port, but no difference.
I also notice a very slight instability in the image in MS Word 2007 (and also in IE8) – the page you are working on moves up and down slightly, but this doesn’t seem to affect the operation of the mouse significantly.
I have the latest Logitech driver installed, but it makes absolutely no difference.
Anybody got the same or similar problem or found a solution?

Running under:
Windows XP SP3 + updates
Opera 11.50
IE8
AVG Free edition
Spybot
SpywareBlaster
MS Office 2007
+ a range of other software.

4 July: problem appears to have been resolved now by latest release of Logitech Setpoint software (v.6.30.41). A great relief.

Milo

Edited by Milo O'Shea, 04 July 2011 - 02:10 AM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users