Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 btlook1

btlook1

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:20 AM

Having a problem with Explorer these days. Open it and it won't connect...hit F5 and it loads the pages like normal. I have run the diagnostic thing that pops up and it says problem with FTP? Don't really like Fire Fox or Chrome so like to stay with Explorer if I can get some help with whats wrong. I only seem to have this problem with Explorer. Running XP with Explorer. Here's what I get when I run the diagnostic thing. I have ran the Malware and virus scans are both up to date but we all know how that goes....Something just isn't quite right. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thank you!!

Last diagnostic run time: 07/03/11 03:02:27 Network Adapter Diagnostic
Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
info Redirecting user to support call

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
info HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
error Could not make an FTP connection.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 btlook1

btlook1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:20 AM

something else I just thought of I get occasionally the window crashes then re-opens and you get that little flyer that pops up and says "there was a problem with the webpage" Normally re-opens on its own...hope that helps!! Thank you!

#3 btlook1

btlook1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

Another thing I have noticed in the last 2 days. IF I type in a specific web address sometimes it takes me right to google like a google search would. I have not installed anything lately.....Thanks

#4 btlook1

btlook1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

Was hoping for a reply or suggestion?? Did I post this in the wrong place?

#5 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

The Magician

• Security Colleague
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:14 AM

Hey. :)

What verison of Internet Explorer are you using?

Perhaps an addon is causing an issue; I suggest opening IE in Safe Mode and seeing if it loads properly. If it does, you will need to manually disable addons until you find the one causing the problem.

Try that and post back with the result. :thumbup2:

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal...you become something else entirely. A legend, Mr. Wayne, a legend!

If I have helped you please consider donating to the Neuroscience Research Institute.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users