Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backup Dvds

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:41 PM

Ok the thing is that my mom just bought some new dvds and my lil bro kinda doesn't know how to take care of the new technology (you don't even want to know what he does sometimes a swear half of you would die of a heartattack) and since we are slapping 20$ down we want to make a backup just in case. Anyways since I don't have two DVD drives in my pc I transfered all the files to my hardrive now the problem is I have to transfer them to a DVD-R. The DVD-Rs are made for 2 hours of video (4.7GB of DATA) the movie is only 115 minutes long. The problem is when I select all the files to burn to dvd it says that they are to big for the DVD and that I should insert a bigger disc, since I don't want to throw out the blank DVDs I just bought is there a way to split the movie into two like wich files should I burn on the first and wich ones on the second because there are three types of files on the DVD (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB) and I don't know if we need one for the other one to work anyways need your help.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:54 AM

Try downloading DVDShrink, it's freeware. The program will dycrpt the video, and then allow you to backup the whole movie, or re-author it allowing you to delete the extras, and menus. This program also automatically will shrink the movie if need be, your 115 min. movie shouldn't require any. The link below will get you there.

http://www.freedownloadhq.com/order/order1.php

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:50 PM

Thanks I will try it when I get home from school I will post an update after

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

Just tried it out. Works very well easy to use I love it. Plus it's freeware.

BTW I got a program called siteadvisor that advises on bad sites and the site you gave me is marked red cause of some user reviews that say that you have to pay for no reason. Just thought I would tell you guys.

#5 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:18 PM

Another little add-on just so that you guys know with DVDShrink when you re-author you can take of the blocked keys so we can finally skip threw that damn copyright bleep that you have read about a thousand times or you went to get your popcorn in the microwave while it was playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users