Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Watching Video Online: Picture Freezing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 donaldfleming

donaldfleming

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

When I download and watch YouTube clips, although the dialogue is continuous the picture freezes for a fraction of a second every few seconds.

This fault also manifests itself when I view non-YouTube video such as BBC iPlayer and other TV catch-up software on Firefox, IE and Chrome.

My computer is a Dell Dimension 1100. Its operating system is Windows XP.

Recently I had an additional 1GB fitted to my processor. I wonder, could the fault have anything to do with this? I doubt it, as the computer has been performing a lot faster since the RAM was added.

Iíve tried completely removing Flash Player and reinstalling it from Adobeís website. This didnít work.

Iíve tried reinstalling Flash player from Adobeís website. This didnít work.

Iíve updated my Java software. This didnít work.

Iíve updated my video driver. This didnít work.

Can anyone advise me on how to iron out this glitch?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:13 AM

Seems like buffering which is normal. I suggest you pause the clip and wait until it loads completely and see if that helps.

#3 donaldfleming

donaldfleming
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:11 AM

Thanks for responding, Forum Addict.

I tried this. It didn't work.

I doubt if it's due to buffering: although the picture freezes for a fraction of a second, the sound doesn't.

Thanks anyway for taking the time to advise.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

The only thing you might want to try is right click on the player, go into Flash settings and uncheck Hardware Acceleration. Don't know if that will work. A lot of times buffering problems can't be addressed because things like the website connection speed and possible ISP throttling aren't under your control.

#5 donaldfleming

donaldfleming
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

I tried what you suggested, It didn't work.

Thanks, anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users