Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Message Queuing Service On Boot Up - Prevents Firewall & Symantec From Running for 15 Mins.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 readcomix

readcomix

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

Hi Folks: I have a vexing recurring set of issues when I boot Windows XP up. I hope you can help! I should note I recently had a Google redirect BHO that one of your great techs (Agent SweetTech) helped me solve. He told me to note that HERE.

I receive a "Message Queuing Service" error immediately on boot up. This seems to prevent MOST programs (exception seems to be Firefox) for 15 minutes. It also seems to prevent the Windows firewall from activating on boot, and Symantec Endpoint Protection will not activate either. This started happening a month or so ago - coincided with a problem I had docking/undocking my laptop from my laptop dock. I had un-docked, tried to re-dock, the PC started acting funny, I rebooted and started getting this error.

I am also getting a "Outlook Express can compact/archive messages" upon boot. This is a new error and did not crop up until we started working on the BHO issue referred to above.

I am attaching a screenshot to show both of the error windows.

I appreciate your help and assistance! Thank you!
:thumbsup:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Message_Queuing

Since you are running XP Pro, the Message Queuing Service is part of XP but is not part of the initial install.

In fact, it's not installed as a default service by any version of Windows that I can see.

Anyway...try Add/Remove Programs/Windows Components...uncheck it.

The compacting message by OE is standard...means that you need to compact the files in OE (to save hard drive space). It's not an error message, just admin housekeeping by Windows. OE will reflect this message routinely.

Louis

#3 readcomix

readcomix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

Thank you Louis! That did the trick. Thank you so much for your assistance! :thumbsup:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Easily done, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users