Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer-wide Lag/Stutter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anon51

anon51

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:00 AM

Hi, I've been having a problem with lagging/stuttering (not sure what is the right term) on my computer. My cousin built it for me in about February, so it's still quite new. It started to happen after it was built but a restart used to fix it. But now, it seems to happen every time I use the computer. It seems to happen randomly, and my (wireless) mouse will freeze for half a second, then jump where it's meant to be, and my audio will make a grinding sound. It seems to be a computer-wide issue, if I'm using the net, the loading circle on my firefox tab will also seem jerky while it's spinning. It happens more often if I'm watching youtube videos but it still happens regardless of what I'm doing.

I really can't pinpoint the problem. The CPU doesn't max, I installed the latest drivers for my graphic card and scanned my computer for viruses.

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 anon51

anon51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:24 AM

Actually, finally found the problem. Bad PCI wireless card, works fine with it disabled.

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:25 AM

Glad to know you figured it out. Happy computing. :)
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users