Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New to the Community

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mgoodw

mgoodw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

After two day of struggling with a 2012 Vista Anti Spyware Virus, with the instructional help of bleepingscomputer.com's assistance, I have finally removed the virus with no damage to my files or hard drive.

If you do have this virus on your computer and your desktop locks with bogus "system hijack", "breach of security", and "system vulnerabilities", I suggest following the instructions from bleepingcomputer.com by going directly to: www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus -removal/remove-antivirus-vista-2010 then download from another (uninfected)computer the files highlighted Mbam-setup and FIX.Exe to an external drive. Then install the programs onto the infected computer as instructed. If that does not work then search the site for an external download of the Super Anti Spyware entitled SASSAFERUN, which is what I ultimately used. This Super Anti Spyware will work, as it worked wonderfully for me All of this software is free. So whenever you can make a contribution to www.bleepingcomputer.com, please do so as it is worth every penny you donate. I saved hundreds of dollars by managing the virus removal on my own and I am not an expert IT Professional.

If you have a Antispyware Vista virus follow the instructions I list above and you will find a cure. Thank You SO MUCH Bleepingcomputer.com :thumbsup:

MCG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

I am happy to read that you have gotten rid of the Anti-spyware virus by following the instructions you found here.
Thanks for joining and welcome to BC!
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Gunto

Gunto

Bleepin' Reject Phoenix

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

Welcome! It's always nice to see people just like me, needing virus help and eventually ending up joining because of a success. :)

Beautiful avatar by Plumbeck!

Bury me in honor; when I'm dead and hit the ground, a love back home, it unfolds...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users