Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mald40

mald40

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

On 6/26 I backed up my computer on a Seagate Free Agent Go Flex external hard drive as I was having a lot of trouble with my computer and was concerned about a system fialure. Sure enough, it failed on 6/29! I could not re-boot wondows and after many attmpts to repair/recover, decided to restore to factory settings, feeling confident that my files etc were backed up. I have Windows Vista 32 bit on an HP Pavillion desk top. Before starting I was asked by HP if I wanted to back up my files. I said yes and selected the external drive as the location to back them up. The "wizard" proceeded to run for more than an hour to back up my files and created a system recovery files shortcut. When I went to restore my files I found that they are all empty and I cannot locate any of my original files, including pictures, document etc. Does anyone have any advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users