Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony DVD architect

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stang90

stang90

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

iv been playing around with this for five hours now, I need the for my work, I hope to god some one here can help me.

I use sony dvd architect to create dvd's with professional menu's. I put the file that I want in (I downloaded it off youtube) and when I play it in the preview, there is no audio.
Thats the bare basics of the problem.

When the video is downloaded, its in flv format, which sony products dont take. So I use any video converter and turn it into a wmv.
(I HAVE used wmv files with this program, and have had NO problem.)

I have looking around for all kinda of help else where, and tried all kinds of formats, avi, mp4,and mpeg II. I have sony vegas, and I discovered is has a render setting
JUST for dvd architect. dosnt work. no audio. Then I discovered that audio is off by default for rendering mpeg, so I turned it on. still nothing.

Then I got fed up, and decided to put the audio in separately. at first it didnt work, but that because it dosnt except mp3, so then I tried wav.
wav works, but then I figured out that it will play that audio with EVERY video on that dvd (I need to burn about a dozen small videos)

I think thats about it, I dont think I need to tell you my computer specs. the software is all the latest versions.
If you could help me out, I would do ANYTHIGN

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:53 AM

I love DVD Architect ( DVDA), I have a free trial of DVDA Studio 3.0 ( I wish I could find version 3.0 on a store shelf somewhere)

I'm not sure I totally understand your question, so forgive me if I get it wrong.

But you don't really need DVDA to convert and burn Youtube videos to DVD.

Here's the way I usually do it. I burned hundreds of .FLV's this way.
(Depending on the .FLV size, and format)

I use DVDstyler (free) and just drag the .FLV's into DVDstylers time line, set my chapters, create my menus, etc.
DVDStyler can make really nice looking scene select menu's, motion menu's, etc.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVDStyler

Unless . . . you actually need a DVD with .Wav, PCM, LPCM, for audio. Then . . . I would use DVDA, Nero, or Muxman. DVDstyler won't make a DVD with .Wav, PCM, LPCM, for audio. :(

If all else fails, give it a try.

If I need to edit the FLV's . . . Merge FLV's etc. Then I do the following.

I always convert the .FLV to MPEG2 (video), MP2. (audio). My old version of Vegas will accept MPEG2, MP2.

I use Winx HD Video Converter, (not free) but never fails. I change the default 1920 x 1080 to 720 x 480, (depending on the size of the FLV, I don't want to stretch it too much, so i might keep the FLV the original size, and use a black border in vegas to fill it out to 720 x 480)

I have never used any video converter so I can't help you there.

Try converting the .FLV to MPEG2, video, MP2 audio, if you can. I'm sure DVDA & Vegas will accept MP2 audio.

Hope this helps.

Just for my own curiosity, will your version of DVDA accept m2v video? I heard that DVDA 3.0 was the last version that would accept m2v.

Edited by 12x48y, 03 July 2011 - 10:05 AM.

#3 stang90

stang90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

I need to use dvd architect because I need a menu with lots of options, for work. It also needs to be playable by a dvd player, so I cant just burn it as a data disc.
As for m2v, I have no idea, I was going to try it for you, but my video converter doesn't have that setting, so I have no way of trying.

#4 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

Oh, OK, but, just to be clear, I'm not talking about making a data DVD.
DVDStyler will create menus with lots of options, and burn a "video" DVD that will play on all DVD players. Or create a VIDEO_TS folder on the hard drive, or an ISO Image on the hard drive, (Your choice) comes in handy if you needed to make multiple copies of the DVD, or check to make sure the DVD is the way you want it. or to add an EXTRA_TS folder before burning to DVD with something like IMGburn. It will even convert the FLV for you. It's easier than you think. It's Just another option if your work will let you use it. :)

Thanks for trying the m2v. My old version of Vegas will let me export a movie as m2v. Not sure if the new Version of Vegas will. :)
I called Sony, they said that the new version of DVDA would accept m2v. But they won't sell me registration number for 3.0 :(

Still not sure how to help. Hope somebody can.
Good luck on your project. :)

Edited by 12x48y, 05 July 2011 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users