Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New member introduction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lynn Blakely

Lynn Blakely

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

I am a retired electronics technician. We have repaired lots of now obsolete hi-fi components, reel to reel, cassette tape recorders, stereo tuners, preamplifiers, power amplifiers, television, vcr's, cd players, and record players. We have built over 50 electronic kits, HeathKit's. Eico, Dynaco, and HH Scott.Most recently we built an ESR/Low Ohms meter, and a blue ring tester by Anatek Corp. Here's the url www.anatekcorp.com
We have also built from parts 4 computers, the last one ran Windows 98. When we say built that means installed all the hardware, operating syatem, and drivers. Those were the good old days, when we could build a decent computer cheaper than buying one. I still have an insatiable desire to learn. We love to solve problems with the aid of the internet. We were able to restore a Hitachi laptop to its original factory status, by going to the site and following the instruction to restore from the recovery partition. Knowing how to find information to solve problems is essential to success. I live in Camden, Arkansas, We worked as a machinist for 10 years, and 33 yrs in consumer electronics repair.
Lynn Blakely

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

Hello Lynn and thanks for joining us!!
You will probably enjoy the Tutorials (Tab at top of forum)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/

And the Mini guides and how-tos - Simple answers to common questions
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum92.html
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Lynn Blakely

Lynn Blakely
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for the greetings. I like your greenline quote. There's a lot of truth to that. I have already read with interest about backup procedures in the tutorials.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

An awful lot of truth and being proven almost daily.:) See ya inside. Enjoy Independance Day!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users