Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GoogleRedirect/TDL4

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jstinson1

jstinson1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

I'm new to this forum, but hopeful you'll be able to help me get rid of this nasty malware.

A couple days ago, I got hit with the windows-7-repair virus. I successfully restored to an earlier restore point. However, upon reboot, I started getting google redirects. Then IE popups (even when IE wasn't running initially). I spent the last 24 hours online with a Microsoft expert trying all sorts of fixes (Kaspersky's TDSSKiller, Norton Power Eraser, Symantec FixTDSS, HitManPro, Vipre, etc).

Nothing gets rid of it.

I've already run ComboFix and have the log file (it took a *looong* time to run). Please help.

thanks,
Jason

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

Since you have already run ComboFix please include that log as well.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users