Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus keeps reappearing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 whimpy

whimpy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

Hello everyone,
I have a server that has symantec endpoint protection installed on it and is getting defs. regularly. However I keep getting viruses popping up in C:\Users\Administrator\Appdata\Local\TMP . Endpoint doesn't tell me which virus it is. It states that it is unknown. Any help on resolving this issue I would be greatful for.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wiczjr

wiczjr

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

Got a file name handy?

Edit: I ran into this 2 weeks ago, it's a known bug. I had to go into safe mode and run del /q/f/s/a dwh*.tmp (USE AT OWN RISK). That fixed the problem.

Edited by wiczjr, 01 July 2011 - 12:53 PM.

Both faith and fear may sail into your harbour, but only allow faith to drop anchor.

#3 whimpy

whimpy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

Must be the same problem because all the files do start with dwh. So thank you I will try that and post whether or not it was affective.

#4 wiczjr

wiczjr

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

NP; also make sure you turn indexing off or any other real time scanner for the quarantine. Usually some service like that will touch the files in quarantine and then auto protect is re-scanning it.
Both faith and fear may sail into your harbour, but only allow faith to drop anchor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users