Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rwo12345

rwo12345

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

I have a Dell PC running Windows XP professional and service pack3. I had a malicious download 2 weeks ago and stopped it by unplugging the internet cable. After start-up I lost some control of the PC, so I tried SYSTEM RESTORE with no result. I ALSO could not use Windows DOWNLOADS. I was able to get WINDOWS DOWNLOADS ( for security downloads )to work successfully by getting a fix from WindowsHelp. I also tried to to a system restore at START-UP but tapping F8 to get a safe-screen does NOT work.
So I am trying to get my SYSTEM RESTORE to function. The rest of the computer seems OK.
I run SPYBOT S&D and SUPER SpywareProfessional as well as Windows Defender and Windows Security.
Any idea HOW to RESTORE my System Restore ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wiczjr

wiczjr

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

To do a system restore click start > run, copy this text: %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe into the dialogue and press enter. It's a pretty easy wizard but it probably won't fix your problem.

Perhaps you can describe the error you're trying to fix?
Both faith and fear may sail into your harbour, but only allow faith to drop anchor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users