Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No on screen shortcut animations

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisMN

ChrisMN

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

Hey BC, I have been googling and checking out the forums here and haven't had much luck.

I noticed that I do not have those on screen action animations(Like when the keyboard volume buttons are pressed it should show an animation in the middle of the screen with waves rippling underneath the message. Or when taken away from AC power, etc)

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Here are some of my PC stats:

HP G60-535DX
- Windows 7 Home Premium SP1(64bit)
- Pentium Dual Core T4300 @ 2.10GHz
- 3.00 GB RAM

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Not exactly, but maybe these references will help:

Change the Visual Effects Settings in Windows 7 http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1908-visual-effects-settings-change.html
Allow or Prevent Window Animations in Windows 7 http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/110412-window-animations-allow-prevent.html

T3Desk http://tehnif.com/T3Desk.aspx

T3Desk is a professional-class application that keeps you organized, makes you more productive and improves the way you work with Windows and the Web. T3Desk implements a 3D Desktop Module, among other powerful, flexible and easy-to-use features and tools, that ensure your seamless desktop and online experience.

T3Desk lets you manage your applications more easily in a 3D desktop adding the third dimension to your Windows screen. 3D minimized windows will appear in three dimensions and transparent on your screen and have the ability to be flipped, zoomed, moved, swiveled in almost anyway you want. T3Desk is lightweight on your resources, unlike most applications of its kind.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Union_Thug, 01 July 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#3 ChrisMN

ChrisMN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

@ Union Thug

I explored those options and they didn't provide much help.

I wish there I was an easier way to explain what animations I'm talking about.. I KNOW that many of you have seen these probably every day.

On my other laptop, when I raise/lower the volume, adjust screen brightness, unplug/plug in from power, turn on/off the mouse touchpad, etc, etc, etc... There is an "eye candy" animation in the middle of the screen with a picture of what you're adjusting and it has waves rippling outward underneath the message.

I'll keep trying to find someones screenshot of what I'm talking about. If you guys could see a screenshot you would know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

ALSO, please note that these animations are only when you use the keyboard shortcuts. (Screen brightness, volume, etc)

Thanks

Edited by ChrisMN, 02 July 2011 - 03:25 PM.

#4 ChrisMN

ChrisMN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

Everybody out there using Windows 7, use a keyboard shortcut(volume, screen brightness, etc)and you will probably get a message in center screen. This is what I'm talking about.

#5 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

...There is an "eye candy" animation in the middle of the screen.... it has waves rippling outward....I KNOW that many of you have seen these probably every day...

Never.
:blink: Then again I'm not so much of a computer eye-candy kinda guy. My Homer & Donut Apple Mac OSX theme & centerd taskbar Icons are about as "fancy" as I get lol.

Edit: removed the attd image.

On my other laptop....

Could be something native in your "other" laptop's Manufacturer? Third party app? Sorry I can't be of any help, I'm pleading ignorance (again) :crazy:

Good luck.

Edited by Union_Thug, 02 July 2011 - 06:08 PM.

#6 ChrisMN

ChrisMN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Aha!

I found a picture of what I'm talking about... Does anyone know how to turn on these OSD in windows 7?

Thanks!

Picture

#7 ChrisMN

ChrisMN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

wont let me post a pic.. and wont let me delete this posting or leave it blank

Edited by ChrisMN, 02 July 2011 - 04:49 PM.

#8 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

This is all news to me. I just stumbled across HP MediaSmart Smartmenu--looks like what you were describing in your posts. I haven't done any digging for info or how it works, installs, updates...etc as I'm on my way out the door for the evening.

Check here:MediaSmart Smartmenu Google image search.

Hope this helps.
:)

#9 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

its laptop specific ,comes from the garbage software they all load for us , i removed from all the laptops in my house ,and when ever i get a chance i remove it from computer i work on or load for customers

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#10 ChrisMN

ChrisMN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

Yeah I usually remove all of that pre-installed junk as well, but I kind of like this OSD, is there any chance you might know the name of this specific program, I found it pretty handy and would like to install it on my HP G60-535DX. Note that the other computer is an Asus.

#11 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

not sure the name ,sorry ,but using you model number you could check , www.acer.com for a possible download of the utility

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users