Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Malfunction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Heartbeat85

Heartbeat85

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:25 AM

Hi ladies and Gentleman, I have a little problem that is becoming more annoying.I went to my Real Player Plus and opened it up.Well I started a video that turned out to be generic let's say and I deleted it.So I exited fullscreen and closed rEal Player by just clicking on the red x at the extreme right top of the screen.I did pause the video first.O.k. I came back to desktop and despite me having them aligned to grid and marked show desktop Icons when you right click on Desktop and go to the top and go to the right it says several things.Anyway I had my Icons arranged the way I wanted them and now for about the fifth time this has happened about 20-25 have jumped out of place randomly placing themselves on the left side from about 1/3 of the bottom of the screen up.My first row of Icons has dropped down a line exactly.One line down lower toward the bottom where my second row of icons usually are.Can anybody tell me why this is happening and how to correct them jumping up and to the left ? Is it a mistake on my part.I noticed the Real Player Bar at the bottom which should not happen.Maybe it's taking up the spaces the icons occupied and causing them to move out of place.Do i need to log out of real Player or get off it differently ? I really appreciate any help anybody would be willing to offer or suggest .Hertabeat85

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hi Heartbeat85 -

Please try this first - Delete all System Restore points,Accessories > System Tools > System Restore and on the left side there is listed System restore Settings.
There is a Square Button that says Turn off System Restore. Click this and then click Apply. Next a box appears to confirm your choice Click Yes.
Exit from there and reboot. Repeat the same procedure but this time Remove the tick and click Apply. Now go to System restore and Create a new Restore point.
If this problem occurs again, go to that restore point and use it. You will not lose anything as it will just reset everything back how it was.
Do you know how much Ram you have and how much free space ?
It sounds like your system is having Overload problems. This is the most common cause of this problem.
I needed to do this about once a month until I removed 2 high usage games that were the cause.

Thank You -

#3 Heartbeat85

Heartbeat85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

Thanks, I appreciate that idea it's a neat little trick.However right after I made this Post I seen what was happening.When Real Player was opening it was not opening FULL screen just the lower bar part that came up a couple inchnes.When it opened like that it was causing the bottom row of icons to more or less be knocked out of the way.What caused this is that I had closed down real player different than usual.Once I got it opening right the lower row of icons were fine.Thanks for the he.Heartbeat85 I am closing this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users