Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing language file causing boot up issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zcooler

zcooler

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

Hi, I have a strange problem on my computer. For the longest time, after I restart my computer, the screen would turn black and wait 15 minutes before showing the Welcome login page. I finally did some investigating in the Event log from Administrative Tools and found a couple of Errors. One of them linked me to the following. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756285(WS.10).aspx

I followed the instructions and changed the Windows Modules Installer in the Services list from manual to automatic, and restarted my computer. That apparently did the trick and my computer booted without any wait time. However, a couple of days later when I go to restart my computer, the issue comes back and I discover it is back in manual mode again.

I tried reading up on the error for more details, and it seems to be an issue with the Language pack. I look at my Language taskbar and realize there are two Languages on it, English and Chinese. However, when I right click it and go to Settings, all I see under Installed Services is English. I can't seem to remove the Chinese language from my toolbar, and I believe this is what's causing my computer to stall as it boots up.

Does anyone know how I can correct this issue? It wastes a lot of my time whenever I need to restart my computer. I have Vista Home Premium.

Thanks!

Edited by zcooler, 01 July 2011 - 12:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zcooler

zcooler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users