Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beeping laptop charger(s)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DJ Deoseyus

DJ Deoseyus

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

Hello users of BleepingComputers.com,

I am the user of a eMachines D525 laptop. I have been having problems lately with the charger I bought with the laptop. The problem is sometimes it just randomly beeps for no reason at all. It used to do this all of the time, but lately it has been rarely an issue. I had been looking on the internet to similar problems to this and many others says that the beeping noise is a result of a defective charger.

Anyways, just earlier I borrow another charger from someone else briefy and that same beeping problem came about; could it be the laptop that results the beeping?

Here's something for you: when I turn my laptop's volume off/mute it, the beeping sound does not occur. I have looked in System sounds and have not found anything related to Laptop chargers.

If this is any use: the laptop charge and the laptop itself does get hot after a while.

-DJ Deoseyus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJ Deoseyus

DJ Deoseyus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Bump.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

I would suspect the internal connection is breaking. The receptacle on the inside may be loose or cracked. If you gently jiggle the connection does it stop?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 DJ Deoseyus

DJ Deoseyus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:16 AM

Where is the connection? The hole where I put in the charger?

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

Yes,the round one like here
L@@K

Edited by boopme, 03 July 2011 - 02:13 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 DJ Deoseyus

DJ Deoseyus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:34 PM

Ok, then yes. That is the problem.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

It will need to be serviced.

#8 DJ Deoseyus

DJ Deoseyus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

Ok. What should I do? Or do I need to see someone to get it fixed?

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

If the connection is loose ,it needs soldering. If a shop will do that you need to ask one. Otherwise you need to replace the motherboard.

#10 DJ Deoseyus

DJ Deoseyus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

How do I know if it is loose? And how do I know when to replace the motherboard?

#11 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

Watch the little charging icon in the bottom corner of your screen-when it beeps, does it switch to battery power? if it does its definetly something to do with the charging system-If youve tried multiple chargers, then I would guess a loose connector as well, I would try wiggling the cable around in the plug in and holding it in place to see if you can get the beeping to stop. If you can by this method, then it is definetly a connection, in which case boopme is correct-you have 2 options, soder it back in place, or replace the motherboard. Taking it down to your local computer store may be the best option if your not comfortable with sodering electrical components, otherwise you will be stuck trying to locate a used motherboard for it. Unless, it is still under warranty then you can just send it back to the manufacturer and let them fix it.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#12 DJ Deoseyus

DJ Deoseyus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

Then yes, it does switch to battery power sometimes when it beeps continuously. Are there any ways at home in which I can soder it? If not I'll see someone.

Edit: I don't think it's even charging anymore. The charging icon is active, but the battery is like frozen on 50%.

Edit2: Unplugged my charger and it is charging again.

Edited by DJ Deoseyus, 09 July 2011 - 03:01 AM.

#13 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:04 AM

When you got this lap top was it new? Because usually you do not need to buy a lap top battery charger. One is always included, unless possibly it was an open boxed returned item. On the charger does it list the model number and lap top brand?

This is mine:

Posted Image

#14 DJ Deoseyus

DJ Deoseyus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

I got my laptop new from Best Buy from like 2009.

-My laptop says I should consider replacing my battery. I however cannot afford to replace the battery or possibly get the charging hole fixed.

Edited by DJ Deoseyus, 10 July 2011 - 09:56 PM.

#15 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

youd have to know how to operate a sodering gun, and be able to know what connection to charge. on that note-its feasible it may be the battery-will it boot up without the battery in? on the charger alone?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users